ecosystem is a non-profit organisation accredited by the French Public Authorities to collect, decontaminate and recycle household waste electrical and electronic equipment (WEEE), professional equipment (professional WEEE), lamps and small fire extinguishers.
Many players are involved in this sector which is managed by Ecosystem including manufacturers, importers, distributors, local authorities, solidarity networks, treatment and logistics suppliers, professionals in charge of electrical equipment maintenance, fire safety, waste managers and equipment users (both individuals and professionals).
- Providing individual and professional equipment users with information about collection solutions and recycling quality
- Making a commitment to the social and solidarity economy, working in partnership with solidarity networks so as to encourage the reuse appliances
- Developing collection solutions: ecosystem organises the collection and disposal of end-of-life equipment from all its collection partners including distributors, local authorities, solidarity networks, maintenance suppliers, manufacturers…
- Organising and monitoring treatment: ecosystem selects and monitors treatment and logistics operators in charge of transporting, decontaminating and treating equipment.
- Assisting manufacturers in their efforts to reduce the environmental impact of the electrical equipment they place on the market